Sunday, July 03, 2011

White and Warden

I was born in the nearby village of Wilstead and I am researching my family tree.

I have discovered that my great, great grandmother was born in Cople in about 1835. She was the daughter of Frederick White, also of Cople and Mary Warden. Her name was Jane.

I would love to know if anybody else is researching either the White or Warden families.

Jane became a servant in Eastcotts and it appears that she met my great great grandfather there. His name was John Boston and he was born in Cardington. Later they moved to Wilstead and eventually bought a farm. The farm remained in the family until the 1970's when it was sold and restored. My grandfather was born there.

I believe that they were methodists and I was interested to read that John Wesley preached in the church at Cople. He also preached in St Paul's in Bedford.

Pat Boston

1 comment:

beckyf said...

Hi Pat,
I have also done some research on the White family, and various other families in the Cople Cardington Willington areas, would be pleased to exchange records
Becky